How To Achieve The Timeless Smile: My Story

8/28/2015 10:17:00 am

hello....
To be truly honest smiling was one of those things that wasn't my stronghold as I was growing up. I  had those awkward "horse-that-just-won-a-joust" kinda smile (yes I know that thought is unimaginable; let us not go there even *sigh*). So yes that was one of my misfortunes, so the best thing to do was take cover during family photo sessions and be the camera person or just give in to society and whip out my awkward horse smile or rarely smile.
Read More


I didn't know how to smile AT ALL.
This was up until high school where photographs were the in thing, you know Facebook had just debuted and it was a competition of who had the best profiles, most likes, most friends etc (haha what! I can't believe this actually happened) and me being the naive teenager I was, I conformed to this social trend and decided to up my game. So this one day in school we were taking a group photo, and the person taking the photo was like say ngwacii (sweet potato in Kikuyu) and then when everyone had shouted ngwacii best of smiles whipped out I started panicking then out of the blues the camera jammed "Praise be to Jesus" I whispered to myself. I then seized the opportunity and asked my friend how to attain a good smile she was like " imagine a fly just passed in front of you" at that time that statement cracked me up (don't ask me how) and then it hit me: in order to achieve a "timeless smile" just think about a funny situation (that day your friend fell, that funny meme you saw on Instagram that made you snort while laughing) and instead of laughing just forge it into a smile and viola; you have your smile, just like that.
Since that day I've been smiling all the way to good pictures (or so I think).

I hope this will help someone out there; my fellow awkward horse smilers, I salute you.


Justmuthoni.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts