SOML*:The Ultimate Thrift-er

9/04/2015 10:56:00 am



pile of clothes 2

Let me start of by saying happy new month!! Happy NEW MONTH. Can you imagine its already September, like we were just binge drinking and bidding loved ones happy 2015 the other day and now we have less than four months to get to 2016. Talk about unfulfilled new year resolutions lol, but hey resolutions were made to be broken or is it rules.... I kid.
Back to the topic....
Read More

THRIFTING*!!!
I think I would call it a hobby at best, coz of the time I believe I put on it... I'd call it an addiction since my student budget would not allow me to shop at top designer stores every other week but on the other hand thrifting understands my situation (one love!).
Other than being pocket friendly, clothes found at a thrift store/kibanda tend to be unique, though not of the best quality (I'll worry about that when looking for a suitor haaa) they are a good buy. If looking for vintage fashion (assuming mum didn't dispose off her teenage collection of jean jackets from the 80's) at an affordable price, thrift stores are for you my sister/brother.
Thrifting also helps you experiment with different styles at a low price, without feeling guilty for impulse buying things you might not need or workout in the future.
The essence of this post is not to talk about my shallow pockets (although it is a sad issue) but its to equip you with the A,B,C's to becoming the ultimate thrift-er *insert fierce face*

  1.  GO WITH A MISSION.
When I decide to go thrift shopping I always have a mental shopping list of what I would like to buy from there, if not I usually tend to buy more than I had anticipated cos believe me thrift stores/kibandas have more than you can imagine. So its best to know what you want unless you are a free thinker (good luck with that).

     2.  DON'T LOSE HOPE.

 I know when people hear thrift shopping they think of the millions and millions of racks/piles of clothes just waiting to be bought. Discouraging much, ey? But you shall rise above your trials and conquer them (lol, good pep talk I'd like to think). But just think about that cute guy in your class/ workplace/ at the coffee shop/ at church etc and how you'll be looking in your new cute outfit around them. I think that is enough motivation for that.

   3.  CHECK FOR STAINS.

I think this is pretty important since thrift clothes are usually second hand. Check for stains on the clothes, if there are any determine if they are washable. If they are tough stains just depart with them unless you're willing to take it to the dry cleaners; where all stains are vain (cool slogan)

  4.   CHECK FOR TEARS.

If the torn area is hard to fix, depart with your loved one, if not stash it and care for it once you get home.

  5.   IF YOU LOVE IT, DON'T LEAVE IT.

When you fall in love with an apparel and for some reason is a size or two sizes bigger just stash it cos of course you could always modify it at your nearest tailor to the right size rather than leaving it behind and regretting later, learned it the hard way.

 6.    EXPECT WRESTLE MANIA.

This mainly happens when there is a sale (also in those high end designer stores). This is  where you ultimately understand Shaggy's song Strength of a Woman in literal terms, cos of course who wouldn't want to have that cute Louis Vuitton purse going at a throw away price. So the best thing to do is to show up early and don't skip those strength exercises your trainer greatly recommended a few months back, and you will be good to go. Lesson learned here too (story for another day).

With these, consider yourself an ultimate thrift-er.

Image result for thrifting 101 

                                     SOML*- Story Of My Life
                                     

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts