Let's talk: Hair

9/16/2015 11:31:00 am

 
Hey hey hey,
Guess what I just noticed that I never wish you guys well on previous posts, How ruuude!! I know right?, pardon my rudeness... But heey hope you're having a good week and looking forward to the rest of the week.Its Wednesday time to post your #WCWs. Its funny how all days have their own hashtag, or is it just me who finds it amusing?

Read More


Today's post will be about hair... shout out to all my natural haired sisters out there (heey). I decided to cut my hair, some time like this last year (happy "kinda" anniversary to my hair and I). I cut it cos of so many reasons mainly cos my relaxed hair was super damaged and uneven my head was like a worn out mop, luckily I don't have a pic cos I'm sure I would be obliged to share it with you, wooop.

Transitioning from long, relaxed, soft, comb-able hair to short, kinky hair was quite hard and tedious but it had its advantages, no more long visits to your hairdresser especially when retouching hair, I used to hate those visits cos my scalp is super sensitive and I used to always get burnt by the chemicals in the relaxer and i would go home with bruises on my head no matter how mild the carton of the relaxer would say the chemical is, Praise Jesus.

Short hair can be easy to maintain especially if you've got the time (even though you don't have time you could just wash, fluff it up to an afro and step out). If you got the time you can do quite a lot; Bantu knots, flexi-rod sets, perm rods, finger coils, straw sets etc at the comfort of your home. Today I'll talk about Bantu knots, my all time favorite.

Bantu knots are just heaven, although tedious but the end results are just heavenly. Although I won't do the tutorial today, probably next week, with details of the products I use as well as the techniques blah blah blah.
But trust me Bantu knots are just like chocolate on steroids and they date back all the way to the ancestral day just cos of their low maintenance, your hair will look kinda shaggy but the good kind. Let me stop there before I write a full report about Bantu knots, so until next week for the tutorial.  But for now I'll leave these here.
PS: the laptop crashed and I lost all my photos *sob*, and no I never backed them up soooo today's post I'll use random photos of Bantu knots I find just oh so beautiful from the world wide web. Although the first photo is authentically me. ;]
But forgive my carelessness, just this once.  Thanks?

From the archives: One of my first Bantu knots just a short while after transitioning... photo by: @Tintseh
From Pinterest.



Pretty much eyy?


From YouTube. Find tutorial  here



  Have a great day loves.
I'm out.
Justmuthoni.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts